Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Hope For Children" World Carnival Day Mexico 28th May 2011

REPORT BY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTOR JEREMY LOOI.

Putting Smiles on the Faces of Children in Mexico.

I recently went on a trip to Mexico City for "Hope for Children” World Carnival Day on 28th May 2011 as part of FusionExcel's "Hope for Children” campaign in which the company stays true to its promise of empowerment, giving its encouragement and support to the less-fortunate children from every corner of the world.

Joining me was FusionExcel Mexican Country Licensee and Presidential Director Jose Rosales and FusionExcel Leader / Director Miguel Bonilla, as we were able to give the children of Mexico a day full of smiles and laughter.

CENTRE FOR STREET YOUTH AND JUVENILES

Our first stop was at the Centre for Street Youth and Juveniles. Here, children are saved every single day from the streets where the dangers of drugs, gangs and prostitution run rampant. I guess you can say that the children who live there were all given a second lease in life. There, they were all given a chance to have a life, each and every one of them can look forward to.

We went there to give our encouragement, inspiring them to keep going after their dreams. We told them that it's not too late, it's never too late, and it has been always up to them when they want to turn their lives around.






STREET YOUTH IN THEIR "DEN" UNDER THE FLYER.

We went to the street children's den under the flyover to surprise them with some food and I have to tell you, their faces lit up when they saw us coming with the boxes of pizza in hand. These children wake up every single day with nothing to eat and to watch them enjoy some pizza for a change, something that doesn't come by their block often, was a heart warming experience.




HOGARES PROVIDENCIA ORPHANAGE.

We also visited the Hogares Providencia Orphanage where I was touched by the love that filled up that heartening abode. The common bond the children there shared for one another left a lasting impression on me that I will never forget.

We were able to give them joy and leisure to treasure. The smiles on the faces of the children were priceless as the kids managed to drop the burdens that they carry every single day as we let them be kids, without a single care in the world



They just kept on running up to me and clinging around me without any inhibitions whatsoever. They treated me like their big brother and I never felt like a visitor when I was there, not for one minute. I was touched by this gesture as they never know where their real parents are.

My trip to Mexico was a humbling and uplifting experience for me, for the FE Leaders, and for all the volunteers who were there to join FusionExcel in its mission to empower people's lives. To everyone who joined me in Mexico for the "Hope for Children” World Carnival Day, I thank you for all your support.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Presidential Director Arthur Medina, Presidential Director Steve Murpuri, Presidential Director Art Tuason and countless others back in the Philippines for hosting a splendid World Carnival Day back in Metro Manila which permits me the luxury to be here in Mexico doing likewise.

And to everyone who made the "Hope for Children”campaign a reality, my deepest gratitude to each and every one of you. This is another victory for FusionExcel!

No comments:

Post a Comment